Monday, April 21, 2014

Tiny Habits Day 1

This week I am participating in a program designed to help you create new habits in your life one tiny step at a time!  The Tiny Habits program, developed by Stanford professor Dr. BJ Fogg, helps you begin that new habit with the smallest first step.

The program lasts only 5 days which is great for a busy, working mom like me.  Once you determine the 3 habits you would like to cultivate, you then determine what the very first step to take in that habit.  For instance, if you want to develop the habit of running everyday, the first step is to put on your running shoes. It is much easier to accomplish this simple task than to actually go out running!  Each day for 5 days, a personal coach sends you an email and all you have to do is respond - and hopefully follow through on the 3 tiny habits you have decided on.

So here are my tiny habits for the week and my intentions behind them:

1. After I get up from my desk, I will pour a glass of water. (I want to drink more water but the first step is to put it in a glass!)

2. After I put the kids to bed, I will go downstairs. (Instead of going to straight to bed, I am trying to accomplish more in the evenings.)

3. After I put on my pajamas, I will fold any clothes that I wore that day. (Instead of leaving them on the window seat to gather in a pile that I never put away.  Perhaps they won't actually get put away, but at least they will look nicer than a huge pile.)

I look forward to working on my goals this week, but only a tiny bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment