Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Penny Patch Quilt

My mom is amazing.  I won't get into all the reasons she is the perfect mom for me here, but just trust me ;)  I have been working on the Penny Patch Quilt with Rachel at Stitched in Color since she began her blog series last fall (yes I am slow! I have 3 tiny humans!).  But recently, I have found the motivation to pick up the pace on this fun project.  My mom is going to be spending three days in our local hospital for monitoring as her doctors adjust her heart-related medications.

Penny Patch Quilt

Now this is all standard and totally precautionary, but three days in a hospital, regardless of the reason, is no day at the beach (something my family much prefers)! I want my mom to have something special with her so this quilt is for her!  I have two weeks to finish it up.  I have one final row to piece and then it is on to basting, quilting and binding!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Can I Get a Whoop-Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. I did a giant penny patch quilt this year and will finally quilt it this weekend. Your fabric choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those colors are awesome. I'm sure your mom will love having it with her. Something to brighten the dull hospital room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shauna! That's my hope! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. GO MICHELE GO! I absolutely love this pattern/style quilt. I was just thinking that I want to make another Penny Patch quilt this morning when someone asked me about a particular fabric that I used in the one I made last fall. It'll provide such great comfort to your mom - I wish her good news and good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! There is just something comforting about the simplicity of it I think! Can't wait to post pictures as I finish it up.

      Delete