Thursday, May 29, 2014

It's a process

My husband is out of town this week for a business conference and man, is it putting a damper on my goal to have my Penny Patch Quilt finished for my mom's stay in the hospital next weekend.  Most days I can get about 30 minutes of uninterrupted time after dinner is done and the baby is asleep.  But this week that 30 minutes is spent more like this -



Yes, it seems that my son thinks the best way to baste a quilt is with a John Deere... perhaps he is right! 

Thankfully, hubby comes home tomorrow and I should be able to make more progress.  

Sew Fresh Quilts



Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Your Penny Patch is beautiful! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I really love the pop of the teal against the navy and purple. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Such a calm quilt... Well, minus the kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Penny Patch is a beauty. And I do hope you can get a chance to finish it in time for your mom. But those little farmer types know that spring is the time for field work and you got to make hay while the sun shines! Love the purple and teal together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna! I think if I just do some simple crosshatch quilting, it should be doable. I will tell you though, the spring certainly has brought a renewed energy to my family! Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Your Penny Patch quilt is beautiful! Love the colors and fabric and your little helper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! And thank you for stopping by. I hope to be able to show a finished product next week! Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. the quilt is beautiful and I love that your son is "helping" you. I'm sure when he is grown he will remember playing on mom's quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that my kids "help" me with my quilts. My son loves to sit with me when I am sewing on my machine. And my daughter loves to go to my quilt guild meetings to see all the beautiful blankets during show and tell. I hope this will encourage them to find their own creative outlets!

      Delete
  6. Good luck to your mom in her hospital stay, and your son's tractor help definitely brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete