Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Penny Patch Finish

Success!  Completed just in time to deliver to my mom during our visit with her in the hospital, my Penny Patch Quilt was a thrilling finish for me.


It is a lap-sized quilt with simple cross-hatch quilting based on the QAL at Stiched in Color. I really enjoyed using so many neutrals so those pops of purple and teal really come out of the quilt.  I back the quilt in a fun flannel combo of purple chevrons and that fun little bird print.

Thankfully my mom's stay at the hospital was mostly successful as well.  Her cardiologist is hopeful that this new medication will work for her and she will be able to avoid surgery.  Thank you all for your support.


Sew Fresh Quilts


10 comments:

  1. This is just GORGEOUS! LOVE it. Praying your mom gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. This is the cutest pattern with the mix of different size blocks. Wish I had of joined in : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that this pattern lends itself to be structured or a little free-form depending on whether you want all the penny patches to line up or not. For me, I loved the randomness. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great colour combo, Michele! Such a fabulous finish. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! I appreciate your support through this entire project. I feel like I can take on a bigger project now! Or something fun like pillows ;)

      Delete
  4. i finally finished my penny patch recently, too. love this pattern! i'm going to make another one soon. you are right that the neutrals really make your colors stand out. what a great effect. congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hydee, I love your version! It is made of such warm and comforting colors. I was sad to just miss the link up on Rachel's sight, but thrilled with the finish anyhow. You are going to have to share with me how you manage to work in sewing time with a house as full as yours! I will be following your blog to find out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love the colors in this, and I hope your mom does do well on the new medication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Penny Patch looks amazing! Your colors are fantastic!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete